Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers #11
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Lover’s Body Paint
Thinking that body paint would be a uniquely fun sex toy to use, I looked for a good body paint for a long time before I decided to try a chocolate body paint by Kama Sutra. I bought their Lover’s Body Paint in the Dark Chocolate Raspberry flavor from sextoy.com.
Kama Sutra makes a variety of edible and non-edible sexual enhancement products, including
- Body paints in flavors like Milk Chocolate and Rich Caramel
- Body powders with feather applicators in flavors like Sweet Honeysuckle and Raspberry Kiss
- Moisturizing body souffles for sexual massage in flavors like French Vanilla Creme and Cool Mint Creme
- Flavored water-based lubricants, warming body oils, and arousal gels that cool and intensify
- Luxury bath products and cosmetics
Kama Sutra offers petite travel sizes as well as gift sets and collections. I have the Lover’s Chocolate Paintbox, which includes dark, milk, and white chocolate body paints, on my wish list, and I’d like to try Kama Sutra’s other chocolate flavors after using the Dark Chocolate Raspberry flavor with my fiance. I’m not a huge fan of dark chocolate but love white chocolate, so this collection should satisfy us both. I’m happy to say that Kama Sutra products are available for purchase right on their Web site now. When I bought this body paint, their site showed their selection of products, but there were no store pages, there was no shopping cart, and the prices weren’t listed.
I like the packaging of this product. The glass jar and small paintbrush come in a sturdy cardboard sleeve. However, the jar’s label shows through the package and is plainly visible, so it could be slightly more discreet. I’m very pleased that the jar is glass instead of plastic. The lid, on the other hand, is plastic, so remove it before heating.
Pop the jar in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to heat the chocolate. Don’t microwave the jar for too long because the chocolate can bubble over the rim of the jar and make a mess. It’s not hard to clean up on a hard surface, so it’s not a big deal if it bubbles over the rim. It’s just a waste of body paint. I took our jar out of the refrigerator and heated it for 20 seconds, and it was hot to the touch. An alternative method for heating the body paint is placing the jar in a bowl of warm water. Just remember that the jar is glass, so it gets hot, too. Make sure the chocolate isn’t too hot before applying it to a partner’s skin to avoid burns. The body paint stays warm for maybe 15 minutes, which provides a decent amount of time to play. To avoid staining the sheets, put down a dark-colored blanket or towel that’s machine washable. The jar is a good size. A two-ounce jar costs $9-13, and one jar should provide several uses¹. It’s even possible to travel on a plane with this product (i.e. on a honeymoon or vacation abroad, for example) because its size is within the TSA’s 3-1-1 liquids rule².
Let’s talk about the smell and taste. It’s an edible product, so it absolutely must smell and taste appealing. This body paint smells chocolatey and slightly sweet. Both my fiance and I think it tastes better than it smells, which isn’t to say it smells bad. The Dark Chocolate Raspberry flavor is pretty accurate and slightly more accurate than the smell. The chocolate is rich and thick, and a little goes a long way. At first, we tried to use the body paint without heating it, and it was too thick to spread easily with the provided paintbrush. It was like cake frosting or icing and felt more like smearing than painting.
Heating the body paint melts the chocolate and makes it easy to spread. It’s nice and smooth.
I highly recommend only using this body paint heated. It even smells better when it’s warm.
I’d also like to take a moment to mention the paintbrush. The handle is plastic, and it’s even textured to make it easy to hold. I’m not sure exactly what material Kama Sutra used to make the bristles.
Words like “supple” and “decadent” appear in product descriptions. The dry bristles feel relatively soft on fingers, but they’re stiff.
When I used the brush to paint the chocolate around the glans of my fiance’s penis, he said that the bristles were uncomfortable and poked and scratched his sensitive skin. To try to feel what he was feeling, I used the paintbrush to paint one of my nipples, and I didn’t feel the same poking or scratching, even though the body paint had started to dry on the bristles. Just be aware before purchasing this product that the provided paintbrush might feel rough on some people’s most sensitive areas. If the brush isn’t gentle enough, I recommend using a fluffier makeup brush or a paintbrush with bristles that are less stiff. Just don’t go back to using the brush as a makeup brush once it’s been used with the body paint. To avoid this issue completely, just use fingers instead of a brush.
Ingredients: hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, theobroma cacao (cocoa) fruit powder, alcohol dena., sucrose, elacis guineensis (palm) kernel oil, hydrogenated palm oil, non-fat dried milk/sine adipe lac, lecithin, vanillin, water/aqua, zea mays (corn) starch, gelatin, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate and flavor/aroma
This body paint is perishable. Refrigerate the jar after it’s open. I don’t like that there’s no expiration date on the jar. I’ve kept our open jar of body paint in the fridge for quite a long time, and I haven’t noticed any bad smell or taste, so I’m not sure how long it’s supposed to last. For multiple uses with time in between, I’d highly recommend checking this product for freshness before each use. If it seems like it’s off, don’t use it. I’ve also come to expect to see an expiration date on any quality bottle of lubricant.
- The glass jar is easily heated, which makes for a better experience. Plus, the glass jar is recyclable. I think a lot of thought went into the packaging.
- This body paint is definitely affordable. One jar provides several uses, and it won’t break the bank to buy more.
- The chocolate is rich and thick and both smells and tastes good.
- The textured handle of the paintbrush is easy to hold, and the bristles are easy to clean. The body paint came off both the brush and skin easily, even without soap.
- Kama Sutra products come in various chocolate and non-chocolate flavors for sensual massage, aromatic and yummy foreplay, and a spa-like bathing experience, so they have something for everyone.
- The body paint takes 20 seconds or less to heat and stays warm for about 15 minutes, so using this product in the moment isn’t intrusive.
- The size of this jar of body paint is within the TSA’s 3-1-1 liquids rule.
- Kama Sutra products are now available for purchase right on their Web site.
- This body paint is a perishable item. Refrigerate the jar once it’s open. There’s no expiration date on the jar.
- The ingredients in this body paint aren’t safe for everyone. This product contains sugar and non-fat dried milk, so I strongly advise against using this body paint internally and can’t recommend it for people who are lactose intolerant.
- The stiff bristles of the paintbrush might poke or scratch sensitive skin.
- There’s the potential here for the body paint to stain fabrics.
¹Unless there’s a party in your pants and everyone’s invited.
²The TSA allows 3.4 ounces (100ml) or less per container of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams, and pastes in a carry-on bag stored inside one clear Ziploc bag that is no larger than one quart per person through the checkpoint. If in doubt, pack this jar of body paint in a checked bag.